Homemade Turtles in half an hour – This quick, easy candy combines toasted pecans, caramel, chocolate, and coarse sea salt, for a gourmet touch.
2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
4-ounce block of caramel, cut into 16 pieces; or 16 caramel candies
16 bittersweet chocolate disks (1″ to 1 1/2″ disks)
a pinch of Fleur de Sel or other sea salt, to garnish each candy
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Divide the pecans into 16 small piles on a parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheet (a scant 2 teaspoons pecans each).
3) Flatten each caramel cube into the size of a half dollar, and place on the pecans.
4) Heat in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
5) Remove from the oven; wait 1 minute, then top each cluster with one disk of chocolate, pressing it into the softened caramel gently.
6) Top each candy with a few flakes of Fleur de Sel, or other coarse sea salt.
7) Allow the caramel and chocolate to cool and set before removing candies from the pan.
Yield: 16 candies.
Tkx to King Arthur Flour for this amazing recipeClick here to print this Recipe